Give Your Kitchen the Facelift it Needs with these 9 Budget Friendly Quick and Easy Tips
Remodeling your kitchen can cost a small fortune, but there are plenty of ways that you can freshen up yours without blowing your budget. The best part about all your options is that they are easy to do and don’t take a lot of time at all.
Here are 9 budget friendly quick and easy tips to give your kitchen the facelift it needs:
- Add a New Coat of Paint to the Walls: A new color can brighten up your kitchen and make it look like new. A gallon or two of paint, a brush, and a roller are all you need to transform this space for less.
- Paint Your Existing Cabinets: Your cabinets may be in excellent shape, despite looking a little worn and outdated. A fresh coat of paint, white is usually best, will instantly change the look and feel of this space.
- Change Out Your Hardware: The knobs and pulls on your drawers and cabinets are super simple to replace and they don’t cost a lot either. You can choose a different style or even change out the finish. We just recommend that your new finish matches the finish of the other fixtures in your kitchen.
- Add Character with a Farmhouse Sink: You can’t go wrong when you install a farmhouse sink, as it will add character to your new kitchen space.
- Install a New Countertop: Countertops are not that difficult to replace and while some materials can be pricey, you can choose a beautiful new countertop for less. We recommend considering butcher block, as it will add warmth to the room, or a more budget friendly laminate material.
- Add a Backsplash: If you do not have backsplash in your kitchen, you may want to install some for additional style. Backsplash adds color and visual appeal, and it makes it easier to keep that wall space clean.
- Create Additional Storage Space with Open Shelves: You may not want to add any more cabinets to your kitchen, but open shelves can help you create more storage space. These shelves can be placed above a window, over a refrigerator, or wherever you have some empty wall space crying out to be covered.
- Add Glass Panels to Your Cabinets: To create a new look, you may want to consider replacing the middle of your cabinet doors with glass. The glass will be visually appealing, especially if you install lights inside the cabinets for additional ambiance.
- Change Your Light Fixtures: Old light fixtures can make your kitchen look old and dated, but it is easy to swap them out for newer ones. Consider pendant lights for above your island or sink, while under cabinet lighting will help when you are preparing meals.
Before you begin considering remodeling your kitchen, we urge you to think about whether these tips will transform your space into the kitchen of your dreams for a fraction of the cost. You may be surprised by the results at the end, and you won’t need to deal with a major renovation during the entire process.